1. How long have you worked at MFTS? Six years ago as an independent closing agent I began my search for the best real estate title company in our area who practiced my same values in business. I found it at Mattingly Ford Title and accepted the position as Director of Business Development.
2. Explain your job titles and duties. I am charged with marketing for company growth by maintaining our current relationship with lenders and Realtors who close their real estate transactions with us, seeking out lenders and Realtors to build new relationships, educating newly licensed Realtors in our Real Estate Title & Closing 101 class as well as developing new educational programs and participating in real estate industry related events, charitable or otherwise.
3. What is one of the greatest challenges you face as the Director of Business Development? Maintaining a schedule that is time efficient to complete my work.
4. What is something you enjoy most about your job? Two things – (1) helping lenders and Realtors become more successful through our educational programs and introducing them to each other in order for them to transact more business and (2) helping to bring a successful close to a real estate transaction with satisfied buyers and sellers!
5. What makes you successful in your job? My dedication to our clients to help whenever they need me and my insistence on doing what I have always taught others in the real estate industry to do whether they were selling homes or financing homes – “At the end of the day it is only about one thing – who did you help get in a home today?”
6. During the work week, you are constantly networking and meeting new people. How do you stay organized in regards to all your contacts and marketing engagements? I believe in the KISS(keep it simple stupid) approach – always having my calendar in front of me and working from my database. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist in sales to know that you have to be constantly calling, meeting with and marketing to prospective clients to become successful in sales. You have to be conscious of your time and know when to share it with clients and know when to shut it down to recharge.
7. What do you like to do outside of work? Enjoy time with family and friends, follow the “road less traveled” in my journeys, white water raft, hike and read historical novels.
8. Who do you go to for advice? The man “upstairs” plus a mentor I have had throughout my many years in real estate.
9. What are three things you can’t live without? Freedom to travel, the ability to make choices and love.
10. If you could have any celebrity best friend, who would you choose? He would not want me to refer to him as a celebrity, but The Dalia Lama hands down. When I saw him many years ago in Louisville after he was released from exile, I was amazed not only by the feeling of peace and love that exuded from him but the compassion for all of mankind that he spreads willingly throughout the world, then and now.
Thanks for reading!
Residential & Commercial Transactions
Escrow Closing Services
Title Searches & Reports
Short Sale Closings/Negotiations
UCC Searches & Reports
General Expertise in Real Estate Transactions
Full Utilization of Technology
1650 UPS Dr. Ste 101
Louisville, KY 40223
1 (866) 561-8747